Nine Tips to Kids Healthy Eating including my Sneaky Spinach Tropical Smoothies Recipes.
SNEAKY SPINACH STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE – SMOOTHIES – The Great Way to Health, Energy, Lose Weight and to Stop Constipation by Little Linda Pinda
This Sneaky Spinach Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe could be the Start of a whole new Healthier life for you and your family. I can not detect the Spinach in this smoothie AT ALL. I have a really great tester tongue too for flavors.
I am able to create really great recipes from restaurants because I am able to detect various ingredients and then recreate the recipe at home and my family loves it. My husband was the very first to taste this he he couldn’t taste the spinach either. Wow. To get your children to start eating FRESH SPINACH and love it. Next they will be dipping the Spinach Leaves in my Honey Flax Seed Recipe too. Let them help you make the dressing too.
I use either my NutriBullet Blender for Smoothies or my larger Vitamix Blender when I make a smoothie for my husband and I. For single serving recipes, the NutriBullet is more than big enough and is a bit more convenient to use but there is nothing like the Power of the Vitamix. I love both and would not want to live without either one.
My NutriBullet Reviews vs Magic Bullet blender
Why are Smoothies so very good for us. Health expert recommend that we eat 9 to 10 servings of Fruits and Vegetables per day. Remember when the Government used to recommend 4 to 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables per day. Do most people even eat that.
Smoothies are a Fantastic way to Easily get 2 to 3 servings or Fruit and now with my Newest Smoothie Recipes, you can even get some Deep Green Vegetables in your Smoothie without even tasting it. REALLY. It is soooooo Good.
Smoothies are one of my personal Top Favorite ways to Stop Constipation because they are FAST, EASY and Easy to Eat/Dring on the Run. When I eat Fruit, it seems to ward off Constipation better than even Vegetables, for me, but I do definitely recommend eating vegetables. You Veggies for your general health and to stop constipation. Vegetables are a great source for energy too.
I also like Smoothies because you can HIDE so many Healthy ingredients. I often used Green Powder with Chlorophyll which helps with Energy and Feeling better but they often make my Smoothies taste yucky. I am about to try a new product that I will tell you about after I tested it for you. It sounds really exciting. I will announce it soon.
9 Tips to Kids Eating Healthier. Lets Start out a Fun Way by Making a Smoothie. Leave out the Spinach at First
1. Let them Choose the Ingredients (along with your consultation of course)
2. Make it together. Let them dump the ingredients into the Blender.
3. Have a Smoothie Party – Invite a couple of their Friends to make it with them. Have FUN!!!
4. Talk about Smoothies as a Treat, like going out for Ice Cream. (That is how I think about it. Sometimes if I have an Ice Cream craving I will make a Smoothie instead)
5. After they LOVE Smoothies, then start experimenting by SLOWLY adding in some hidden Healthy Ingredients. They will Slowly acquire a taste and not even realize you are adding those ingredients such as Flax seed, Spinach, Fiber, Protein or Green Powders.
6. When you first put in the Healthy ingredients, use small amounts without the children seeing. Let them taste. Get them pumped up about being PROUD to be eating healthy. Then make it fun to put a tiny bit of Spinach or fiber in the smoothies and work you way up. Have them brag to their friends on the healthy smoothies they make and eat.
7. Put toppings they like on veggies. I started eating Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese sauce. Eventually I loved it plain.
8. Most IMPORTANT – Make sure they are really Hungry when you are giving them something they will not necessary like.
9. Let them see you Drinking this Smoothie as a Special Treat for you. Maybe if they are lucky you will let them “TASTE”
SNEAKY SPINACH STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE Leave out the Spinach and Fiber at First
Blend these Ingredients in a Blender or Magic Bullet Blender:
1 3/4 Cup Strawberries slighty thawed in Microwave for 50 Seconds
1 Cup FRESH Spinach Leaves (try less if desired, you won’t even taste it)
1/4 Piece of Ripe Banana
1/4 Cup Crushed Ice if Desired
1 tsp Lemon Juice from Concentrate or 1 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice and pulp
1 Scoop of Juice Plus Complete Shake Mix
CLICK HERE for Information on Juice Plus. This is the very Best Smoothie Powder I’ve ever found in over Ten Years of Searching. You will love it. I am now a distributor for Juice Plus. As a customer, you can receive my latest Smoothie Recipes. Just Email [email protected], Subject Line Juice Plus Recipes.
6 ounces Brazil Gourmet Mango Juice
– I like Brazil Gourmet 100% Juice- Powerful flavor helps cover-up flavor healthy additions.
1/2 tsp Fiber work up to 1 TBS eventually, less for children
1/2 tsp Flax Seed, work up to 2 TBS, less for children
Blend in the Blender or Magic Bullet until Smooth
Especially just to start, I highly recommend this Mango Juice because the Flavor is so powerful that it is really easy to hide the Spinach and Flax Seed in. It is 100% Juice too. Below is a link for the Handy 15 little 11.16 ounce to go Cartons. Easy to toss into lunch bag or take in the car. You can also buy it larger and smaller container sizes.
Little Linda Pinda Recommends these Products to Help Make Smoothies Tasty, Fun and Healthier.
Update: I just want to reply to someone who is at odds with my Sneaky Spinach Smoothie and I understand why and partially agree with her. She told me that she does not HIDE healthy ingredients into her children’s foods because she wants them to learn to eat and acquire a taste for these healthy foods.
My reply to her was that I was raised to eat individual vegetables too and I also did tell my kids they had to have 1 or 2 vegetables that they didn’t care for so they too would acquire a taste and get used to eating these vegetables, BUT, even
I don’t always want to eat Spinach even though many times a week I eat a Big Plate of Salad with Spinach as the Leafy Green. AND, if this is the only way at first to get your child to eat healthy, then I am all for it as long as you work toward the goal of getting your kids to eat healthy by developing a taste for the vegetables or fruits they don’t like.
One of the ways I got to LOVE Broccoli and Cauliflower was my Aunt Baking it in Cheese Sauce. Sure, this isn’t as healthy as eating it raw or steamed but if in the long run, I now eat these vegetables several time per week, I think that is OK. So yes, please do serve your kids healthy food individually. My mom is a strong advocate for this and AGAINST baby foods that are combinations. She has always believed in serving the individual ingredients in baby foods, not mixtures.